About me

HELLO!!!!

My name is Gerry Wang and I live in Richmond BC, Canada, studying in Richmond Secondary School Grade 11 (age 16). This blog is made for the submission of the Vancouver Film School Standout event.

I really want to have this very exclusive experience, as it would really broaden my view on the whole scheme of the animation and film industry.

Ever since grade 7, I had a goal of becoming an animator, and that goal has never been shifted. Through much exploration in many other career options, I have yet to find a decent enough occupation for me, that beats being an animator.

Little bit of my background:

I was living and studying in China for the most part of Elementary school. Since it was China, all students including me never had any chance to explore their future. All we did back then was sitting in our desks having huge headaches about the examinations in school.
I came to Canada in age 11, started Grade 7, which was wonderful to me. I had the chance to do more than math assignments and huge stacks of homework; I got to explore nature; most of all, I had the chance to meet my dream, and I am extremely thankful for that.

I first had contact with animation when in Grade 4 (still in China) by a magazine. There, it had a brief tutorial on how to animate a pendulum in Flash. I followed that tutorial, and made the pendulum. The ending result was very realistic, which made me decide that I should make something different on my own, and drew a VERY crude human figure dancing around with the most basic motion. The animation was not good, but at that time, a huge gush of pride flushed into my heart, filled me with delight. It felt great. After that, I never had a chance of making any more of those little projects for 3 years.

It was in Grade 7, a school project got me so into animation, that it continued to drive me passion, even today, thriving me to acquire more knowledge and skill.

As of now, I am still learning, still expanding my knowledge and vision, and never got bored of it, not for one minute.