Other Activities

I enjoy a lot of stuff outside of just the ones mentioned above


PHOTOGRAPHY


Sometimes I take a break from animation, and do something else that is also as constructive, such as taking pictures of the outside world.

Here are some of the pictures I took:




COOKING

Beside taking photographs, I cook dinner for my family from time to time, which I really enjoy for some reason. Here is a picture of one of my latest ``works``:





BADMINTON



A teenager cannot live without moving around a lot and getting some exercise, and one of my favourite form of exercise is playing Badminton (kind of stereotypical). The following video was me playing Badminton when I was around 9 years old.





MUSIC



I also play piano. I like playing piano, even though I didn't when I was little. Playing piano can really let me relax and and enjoy the music through myself.

I am not bad at piano, I remember I got second place in a piano contest in my Elementary school when I was in grade 3, and I completed level 8 in China when I was 9.
Now that I am in Canada, I stopped doing fancy competition stuff, I just enjoy.

It's hard to believe how much I practiced to get one of my level 8 songs to sound good, here is the song, performed by me:

(click on the image to listen)



My certificate for passing level 8:



Here is a video of me practicing for level 5



another clip of me practicing (for level 8)



2 years later, I came out of China, to Richmond B.C, and got a nice place to stay. Fortunately, there is an old piano in there, it is not tuned very well, but it does the job.



My family bought an apartment later on, which doesn't include a piano. My parents bought me a digital piano instead. It was not expensive, and does the job quite well, and it can do other stuff, like this:

PRETTY GOOFY STUFF

SCULPTURES


I did attend some art classes in high school (to be honest, that course was not entirely useful) and made some sculptures.

Here's one in Grade 8:

Nothing really special, just want to show it to you.

Here's one that I made recently:


Inspired by "boo" from Mario (the face).



ACHIEVEMENTS

I have had some success in my life, so I am going to present my success.

-Winning the first place (in both short story and poem categories) in the city's English Oral competition when I was grade 5 in China


-Getting second place in my elementary school's piano contest in China.

-Completing grade 8 of piano in China when I was 9 years old

-Placed in second category in a nation-wide English contest in China


-Being the shortest kid ever :)

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!