Chinese Calligraphy



Besides animating and drawing, I also write Chinese Calligraphy.

Chinese Calligraphy is on itself another form of art. The skill that one needs to acquire to write Chinese Calligraphy well is tremendous. Writing Chinese Calligraphy needs calmness, boldness, concentration, and a thorough understanding of the font type the artist is writing with.

Because a good calligraphy writer needs all of these attributes, the writer needs to be a jewel of a person. The artist need to be the most perfect in the aspect of patience, attention span, and inner strength.

I have changed as a person since I started Calligraphy. I now take pride in my patience, my calmness, and my higher level of concentration. Although I have changed a lot since I started, I am still no where near as virtuous as those people that have been writing Calligraphy for their whole life.

I have been writing Calligraphy for at least 7 years, and I am still very out of practice for me to do very steady and strong strokes. This form of art is one of my favourite kinds, because if one wants to perfect their writing for a specific character, one has to practice hundreds of times to achieve the result. This is just like what my dad says: "You can make nothing beautiful when you don`t work hard."

Below are some of my calligraphy materials:


This is me when I was 10:


I was concentrating very hard.